OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. If we make any material changes to our Policy, we will post a new policy on our Site and update the last updated date set forth above. Therefore, we encourage you to check our Policy whenever you use the Site to see if it has been updated since your last visit.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect two basic types of information on our Site, namely personal information and aggregate information. Personal information is information that is directly associated with a specific person or entity such as a user’s name, address, e-mail address, and user-chosen password. Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, information on how you use our Site may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Site, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Service. We may share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand and improve our Site, and for advertising and marketing purposes. Those are the types of personal and other information we collect. You should refer to the rest of this Policy to see how we use, disclose and protect this information:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
Registration and Transaction Information. At the time you register on our Site, make a purchase request or agree to participate in a promotion, we collect and store the following types of information:
Credit/Debit Card Information
Similar Information on gift recipients, if applicable
We need this information to provide goods and services that you request and to let you know of additional goods and services about which you might be interested. We may also use this information to customize your experience while using our Site. We may ask you to submit information about other people if you order a gift to be sent directly to the recipient. In such circumstances, we will ask for the recipient’s name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
Submissions and Customer Service. We may also ask you for personally-identifying information at other times, such as if you enter into a promotion, communicate with us by providing comments, suggestions, or questions, or when you complete a survey. In general, please do not post any information that you expect to keep private. If you opt-in to receive information regarding a promotion, you give us your permission to share your name and e-mail address with the third party offering the promotion or the third party who may forward marketing or other materials on our behalf.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
We may automatically gather general statistical information about our Site and visitors to our Site, such as IP addresses, browsers, pages viewed, the number of visitors, the goods and services purchased, the transactions completed, etc. To do this, we use action tags and cookies provided by our Site analytics and marketing partners. Although these partners log the information coming from our Site on our behalf, we authorize how that data may or may not be used. In addition, our marketing partners use this information to better serve you with appropriate and relevant marketing offers.
INFORMATION ABOUT CHILDREN UNDER 13.
Our Site is not intended to be used by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect or use personal information from children under 13. We do not knowingly send e-mail correspondence to anyone under the age of 13. We suggest parents and guardians review any online activities for children under 13 and use parental controls when needed. We have no way of distinguishing the age of individuals who access our Site, and so we carry out the same Policy for individuals of all ages. If a child has provided us with personal information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should contact us to remove the information and opt out of promotional opportunities. For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC web site: www.ftc.gov.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
INTERNAL USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
All contact information submitted by you is stored in our database and may be archived elsewhere. Our records are stored indefinitely, as are our archival backup copies. Access to your personal information will be limited to specific Niman Ranch employees. In general, we use personal information internally to serve our users and enable them to take maximum advantage of our Site. Because our goal is to provide products that best meet your needs, we evaluate your personal interactions with us in an effort to bring you the products which best suit your tastes. In addition, we use your information to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to statistically analyze Site usage, to improve our content and product offerings and to customize our Site’s content, layout, and services.
We may use your information to deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as targeted banners, new products, services and promotions. At times we may ask you to provide us voluntarily with additional information regarding your personal or business interests, experience or requests, which we may use to customize our products and services for you. The e-mail addresses that we collect are used by us to contact consumers.
If you place a request for products or services, we use your personal information to ship your order; if the products or services are from a retail partner, we may provide your relevant information to that retailer for purposes of the transaction. If you establish a credit account with us or our providers, we collect additional information, including billing information, credit card number and expiration date, and tracking information from checks or money orders.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
For special marketing purposes, we may establish a business relationship with other companies we believe to be trustworthy with similar privacy policies to ours. In these instances, we may share data with them enabling them to contact you regarding products or services that may interest you. When you supply us with your postal address or phone number online you may receive periodic mailings or phone calls from us and you may receive mailings from other reputable companies. If you would rather not receive such offers, just call or write to let us know at the address below.
In addition, we may contract with other companies providing credit card processing, shipping, data management, web promotional services, etc. to perform these services. Should we opt to do so, we will confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours. We may also use personal information to resolve disputes, investigate problems, and to improve our products and services. In addition, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, to manage our Site and to enhance our Site based on the usage pattern data we receive.
However, we do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except (i) as may be necessary to perform internal analysis and business functions, (ii) as part of a business transfer, or (iii) when required by law or permitted to protect our rights, property, or safety. The following section describes these disclosure circumstances more fully.
- Consent. As mentioned above, we may make your name and postal address available to other reputable direct marketing companies who may have offers of interest to you. If you prefer, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you do not want your name made available to other companies, please call or write to let us know at the address below by giving us your name and address. Please understand that it may take several weeks for your request to become effective. Please note that third parties with whom aggregate information is shared are required to comply with our privacy practices.
- Business Functions. We may share personal information with third party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. In the event that we use third party vendors to assist us in performing these functions, the third parties may not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose.
- Internal Analysis. We may use information about you for our own internal purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns as well as to understand demographic, customer interest, and other trends among our users. We may outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties in aggregate, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks.
- Business Transfers. Information about our users and the Site is one of our most important business assets. Therefore, information about our users, including personal information, will be disclosed as part of any merger or acquisition, creation of a separate business relating to the Site, sale or pledge of company assets as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the company.
- Protection of Niman Ranch and Others. We may release personal information in the good faith belief that release is appropriate and necessary to comply with legal process or authority (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order); to enforce or apply our policies; to initiate, render, bill, and collect for amounts owed to us; to protect our rights, property, or personal safety of Niman Ranch, our users, our employees, or the public; or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
NETWORK AND INFORMATION SECURITY
We are committed to preventing others from unauthorized access to the personal information you provide to us, and we maintain procedures and technology designed for this purpose. We take several steps to protect the information we have about you, including the following:
- We update and test our technology on a regular basis in order to improve the protection of customer information; and
- We require outside companies and independent contractors to whom we provide customer information for marketing, servicing or processing purposes to restrict the use of the information to those purposes and we prohibit independent use of such information.
Access to your information is controlled by strict internal procedures. We maintain policies about the proper physical security of workplaces and records. While we have taken efforts to guard your personal information, we cannot guarantee that your information may be not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Your account information and access to our Site is accessible only through the use of an individual password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our Site by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your account and password have been misused.
MARKETING PARTNERS/LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
ACCESS AND CONTROL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a registered user of our Site, you may view, correct, and delete your personal information, and opt in to (or out of) receiving communications or solicitations, simply contacting us at:
Niman Ranch, Inc.
1600 Harbor Bay Pkwy. Ste 250 Alameda,
To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections or changes. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to our Site, such as customer service responses and other administrative messages. If you decide you no longer want to receive communications from us, please e-mail us at [email protected].
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not provide your personal information to any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. If you would like more information with respect to your privacy rights under California law, you may contact us at the contact point below. Please reference your request as California Disclosure Information.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, the privacy practices of this Site, or your dealings with Niman Ranch, we may be reached via e-mail at [email protected]