Asian Pork Lettuce Wraps
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
Serves: 8 as an appetizer, 4 as an entree
These savory Asian pork lettuce wraps come together in just minutes, and can be served as either an appetizer or entrée. If you have any leftover filling, stir-fry cooked rice with an egg and the filling for a quick pork fried rice.
1 pound Niman Ranch ground pork
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon tamari
1-3 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 medium carrot, grated
8 Bibb or butter lettuce leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the ground pork and onion.
- Cook until completely browned, breaking up the meat with a spoon or spatula as it cooks. Drain off any excess fat, if desired.
- Add the hoisin sauce, fish sauce, tamari and Sriracha. Simmer for a couple of minutes so the flavors to come together.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mint, cilantro, and grated carrot.
- Serve immediately by spooning the pork filling into lettuce leaves.