Easy Apple Gouda Sausage And Sweet Potato Dinner
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 40 Minutes
For quick prep, cook sweet potatoes in the microwave: Prick all over with a fork and microwave on high, 10 to 12 minutes, turning over halfway through, until softened and tender.
- 4 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 tablespoons, plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 package (4 links) Niman Ranch Apple Gouda Sausage, cut into 8 pieces each
- 1 large apple, sliced into wedges
- ½ cup, jarred, red sauerkraut, optional
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 400°. Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork; bake until soft and tender, about 40 minutes, set aside.
- For the dressing, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and Dijon in a bowl; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large, heavy sauté pan, over medium-high heat, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and sausage. Sauté until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes; set sausage aside. Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil and apple wedges to the same pan and cook 2 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water, and turn apple wedges. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Slice sweet potatoes in half and mash the insides with a fork. Divide sausage and apples on top with sauerkraut, and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with green onions and parsley.