Ginger Asian Dumplings Made with Italian Sweet Sausage
Prep: 40 Minutes
Cook: 5 Minutes
Serves: 4-6 People
Dip these in your favorite dumpling dipping sauce or make one by mixing Tamari, brown sugar and rice wine vinegar.
- 1 4-inch piece of a large carrot, peeled, or 6 baby carrots
- 1 1½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Niman Ranch Italian Sweet Sausage, cut into pieces
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped scallions, plus more for garnish
- 18 wonton wrappers, 3-inch squares
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Dumpling dipping sauce
- Process carrot, ginger and garlic in the bowl of a food processor until very finely chopped. Add sausage, and pulse to chop. Add sesame oil, vinegar, cilantro and scallions. Process until sausage just comes together in a soft mixture.
- Working one at a time, place a level tablespoon of sausage mixture in the center of one wonton wrapper. Dip your finger water wet the edges of the wrapper. Lift two opposite corners of the wrapper together, and press together at the tip. Bring the remaining two corners to meet the first over the sausage mixture. Press and pinch to seal together at the tip and edges. Repeat, until all of the filling is used.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Boil dumplings, a few at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with sauce, sprinkled with sesame seeds and herbs