Herb-Infused New York Steak
Prep: 4 hours
Cook: 10 minutes
4 New York Strip Steaks
6 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
¼ cup fresh loosely packed flat-leaf parley
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
½ fresh bay leaf
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup olive oil
- In a nonreactive baking dish arrange the steaks in a single layer
- Combine the garlic, mustard, parley, thyme, oregano, bay leaf and pepper in a food processor. Process until chopped finely. With the motor running add the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until a smooth paste forms. Pour over the steaks and turn to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Prepare and light a charcoal grill for direct cooking.
- When the grill is medium-hot (coals are red and glowing but are turning gray, no flame is visible) season the steaks with salt and pepper. Place the steaks on the cooking grate directly over the coals and cook uncovered, turning once, for 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium rare; the timing will depend on the thickness of the steak.
- Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve whole or sliced thickly across the grain.