Hickory Smoked Bacon-wrapped Hot Dogs
These Hot Dogs are stuffed with cheddar cheese then wrapped in our Hickory Smoked Bacon before hitting the grill. The best part isn’t just the bacon – you get a quick and easy meal that has the option to be an hors d’oeuvre.
Cut each hot dog into bit-sized pieces and stick with a toothpick for finger food, or go traditional and grab a toasted bun. Either way you like, top it with Bo’s Barbecue Sauce and you’ve got a great summertime meal!
Photo courtesy of Jonathan Ansted Photography.
1 pack Niman Ranch Fearless Franks (8 pack)
1 package Niman Ranch Hickory Smoked Bacon
1 block of White or Yellow Cheddar Cheese
Your favorite Barbecue Sauce for dipping
- Turn on your grill and heat to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Using a pairing or filet knife, cut two off-center slits into each hot dog from just below the tip to just before the end. Use the blade of the knife to scrape out the between the two slits from side to side, as if it were a spoon. Be very careful not to poke through the hot dog.
- Cut strips of cheese directly off the block as wide as the slits in the hot dogs. Place the cheese strips into each hot dog and set aside.
- Open the package of bacon. Tightly wrap each hot dog with a strip and a half of the bacon, being sure to secure the ends with a toothpick through the bacon and hot dog.
- Place the bacon-secured hot dogs on the grill starting with the cheese-stuffed side. Turn every 2-3 minutes, or until each side is crispy.
- For hors d’oeuvres: Cut into sections, stick with leftover toothpicks, and serve immediately. Pair with barbecue sauce for dipping. For an entree: Place each hot dog on a toasted bun and top with onions and barbecue sauce.