Maple Glazed Pork Chops with Niman Ranch Baked Beans
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
By Niman Ranch Executive Chef Andrew Hunter
The Maple Glaze Pork Chops hits inviting sweet and savory notes but with the added boost of smoky charcoal to make the chops positively delicious. Serve a small bowl of the glaze at the table for dipping.
Niman Ranch Baked Beans
It’s possible to prepare rich and savory baked beans in less than an hour when you combine beans, bacon and a little of your favorite BBQ Sauce. Add a few dashes of Tabasco sauce if you like your beans really spicy.
1 cup pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon malt vinegar
Pinch of kosher salt, to taste
4 Bone-In Pork Loin Rib Chops, 8 ounces or 1 inch thick
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cans pinto beans, drained
1 cup minced Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Bacon
1 cup minced onions
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup your favorite BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
- Make the maple glaze: Combine the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, turn the heat down to medium, and simmer until the volume of the glaze reduces by half. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the stovetop grill or outdoor charcoal grill. Rub the chops with the vegetable oil, salt and pepper, and grill for 7 minutes on each side, or until the chops reach an internal temperature of 160 F. Brush the chops with the glaze and cook for a few more seconds on each side. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the chops and the intensity of heat.
- For the Black Beans preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a medium-size saucepan over low heat for 1 minute. Add the diced bacon, turn the heat to medium, and sauté until it begins to turn crisp. Add the minced onion and continue sautéing until they are soft and aromatic.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir well, and cover. Place the beans in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.