Pancetta, Brie and Caramelized Onion Tart
Prep: 30 Minutes
Cook: 25 Minutes
Serves: 6 as an appetizer or 4 as a main
Upgrade pizza night with this deliciously sophisticated tart, featuring caramelized onion and a hint of Dijon.
- 1 9” x 9” sheet puff pastry dough, defrosted
- 2 packages Niman Ranch Diced Pancetta
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced root to tip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 oz Brie cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 350ºF. In a medium skillet on medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add the sliced onion. Stir every 1 to 2 minutes until uniformly golden in color, about 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate non-stick skillet over medium heat cook the pancetta, stirring every 1 to 2 minutes, until fat is rendered and pancetta is lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Carefully unfold puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough to approximately 11-by-11-inches. Transfer dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Fold edge over ¾ inch to create a border. Dock then entire crust with a fork every 2 inches to allow steam to escape when baked. Bake the crust until just golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Slice brie into pieces. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small bowl and gently whisk in mustard. Remove crust from oven. Using a pastry brush, glaze entire crust with the Dijon mixture. Layer caramelized onions and pancetta evenly over puff pastry. Add brie and return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes to melt cheese slightly.
- Garnish with marjoram and cut into pieces to serve warm or room temperature.