Pecan Crusted Chicken Fried Lamb Chops
This recipe is a twist on the classic chicken fried steak. We recommend you serve it with cornbread and fried green beans. Enjoy!
4 thick 1″-1 1/4″ Niman Ranch Lamb Chops
1/8 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/8 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup crushed pecans
1 cup flour
1 tbsp minced garlic, or 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp black pepper
1/2 tsp corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
3 large eggs
4 tbsp hot sauce, like Tapatio or Chullula
1-1/2 cup Peanut Oil for frying
- Pre-heat oven to 425F, then lightly salt and pepper the lamb chops.
- Whisk the eggs and hot sauce together in a small bowl.
- Mix all dry ingredients in another bowl.
- Heat the peanut oil in a tall-sided frying pan to medium high, or 400-425 degrees.
- Dredge the chops in the egg mixture, and then roll in the dry mixture well.
- Fry them on both sides for about 3-4 minutes a side, or until they’re golden to medium brown.
- Turn the oven down to 375F. Pull the chops from the pan, drain them lightly and gently put them in a 9″ pie tin in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes for medium rare to medium.
- Serve immediately.