Prosciutto, Melon & Bleu Cheese Bites
Prep: 10-15 Minutes
This recipe makes 12 melon & bleu cheese bites. Cut the prep time in half when you purchase pre-cut melon and double the ingredients to make enough bites for a party. You can wrap any leftover prosciutto around the leftover melon for a late-night snack.
1 3 oz pack Niman Ranch prosciutto
1 ripe cantaloupe melon
3 to 4 fresh basil tops, or one package of fresh basil
1 package of bleu cheese
4 tablespoons of balsamic reduction, optional
- Remove the rind and seeds from the melon and cut into approx. 1- inch cubes. Place 12 of the melon cubes slightly spaced out on a serving tray or platter.
- Cut the bleu cheese into 12, 1-inch slivers and place on top of each melon.
- Place on basil leaf on top of each piece of bleu cheese.
- Cut or rip the prosciutto into 12, 2-inch wide pieces. Fold and place on top of each piece of basil, gently skewering with a toothpick through the rest of the ingredients to keep all the components together.
- Cover and put in the fridge until ready to serve, or serve immediately.
- Optional: drizzle lightly with balsamic reduction when ready to serve.