Yucatan Style Pork Tacos
Prep: 1.5 hours
Cook: 30 Minutes
These Yucatan style pork tacos make a perfect weeknight recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
– 1 tablespoon achiote paste
– 1 teaspoon lime juice
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound pork loin – cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup grated cotija cheese
1 white onion, thinly sliced
Cilantro sprigs for garnish
Corn or flour tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine marinade ingredients, mix well.
- Add diced pork to marinade, stir to evenly coat each piece. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour, up to 6 hours.
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil, swirling to coat the bottom. Add pork, cook, turning each piece until brown and cook through or an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Serve pork in a tortilla garnished with cotija cheese, onions and cilantro.