We’ve used these brownies for everything from our wedding rehearsal dinner to a Practical Farmers of Iowa field day about pork production (decorated with pigs as seen in the picture).
– Sarah Gilbert, The Gilbert Family
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar using a mixer or egg beater.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, then remove the mixer from the bowl.
- Fold in the flour, cocoa and salt mix using a spatula until combined.
- Bake in greased 10 x 15″ pan for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the pan.
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
2 cups powdered sugar
- Heat water and butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute on high heat.
- Add chocolate chips and heat for 45 seconds on medium-high heat, then stir with a spatula until melted.
- Add marshmallows and heat for 45 seconds on medium-high heat, then stir until combined.
- Let sit for ten minutes, then mix in the powdered sugar.
- Spread on cooled brownies.
- Wait until frosting cools, then, enjoy!