With the football season in full swing and the weather a bit cooler, Uncle Rich is eager to use quick and easy grill recipes that are sure to please the crowds. This one was created with simplicity in mind – all you have to do is marinade the meat and voila! Delicious skewers.
Be sure to marinate these as directed, not overnight – it really makes a difference. The thin pieces of marinated meat cook in a jiff so you don’t have to miss a single pass or play!
Niman Ranch Top Sirloin Beef Satay
1 ½ lbs. Niman Ranch top sirloin, cut as shown in photo
1 cup warm water
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, add more if you like
3 cloves garlic, peeled & minced
3 inches of fresh ginger root, peeled & grated
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Two green onions, green part only thin sliced (save some for garnish)
One bottle of Zena’s Sassy Peanut-Sesame Sauce, or your favorite brand peanut sauce
- Dissolve the brown sugar in the warm water.
- Whisk all ingredients, save the meat, together in a bowl. I like to run the garlic and ginger on a micro-plane.
- Add meat, stir to coat & and let marinate in the fridge for a maximum of four to six hours.
- Skewer the beef and grill over high heat. Grill until the outside is seared to your liking. It won’t take long!
- Garnish with green onions, toasted sesame seeds and serve with the peanut-sesame sauce.