Dan’s Pork Burgers and Slaw
Prep: 2 hours
A couple years ago, I was trying to find a way to sell some of our ground pork. I ended up making these burgers and took them to different restaurants to cook up and try. The burgers were so good, they ended up on the menu at one restaurant. Hope you enjoy!
~ Dan Smith, Niman Ranch Sales Director
1 lb Niman Ranch ground pork
3 tablespoons Fresh chopped sage
4 tablespoons Panko bread crumbs
1 green apple chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or fresh squeezed lemon
Salt & Pepper
Roasted Garlic Aioli
- Optional: Roast one head of garlic for 45 min at 350F and mix with 6 tablespoons of mayonnaise, Salt & Pepper.
- Combine all Slaw ingredients and let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours to meld flavors.
- Combine all burger ingredients and form into 4 burger patties.
- Grill burgers for 5 minutes each side on hot grill.
- Top each with a slice of Smoked Apple Gouda Cheese and grill an additional minute, or until cheese melts.
- Assemble on grilled bun and add apple slaw.
- Slather top half of bun with roasted garlic aioli.