Mini Jalapeno Cheddar Crustless Quiches
Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook: 30 Minutes
Serves: 6 People
Tasty for breakfast, lunch or dinner. These are great warm from the oven or reheated another time.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1½ cups packed baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 Niman Ranch Jalapeno Cheddar Sausages
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup, plus 3 tablespoons shredded Cheddar, divided
- 7 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half and half
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 24 thin slices jalapeno pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F. Generously spray a nonstick 12-cup standard muffin tin with cooking spray; set aside.
- Spray a medium skillet over medium-low heat with cooking spray. Cook spinach, until it is completely wilted, about 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- Quarter sausage lengthwise, cut into ¼-inch to ½-inch pieces and add to spinach with red pepper and ¼ cup cheese. Gently stir to combine.
- Evenly distribute the sausage mixture into the muffin tin. Whisk eggs with half and half and salt in a bowl. Pour egg mixture evenly into muffin cups, to just below the top of the pan. Sprinkle with remaining 3 tablespoons cheese. Top with jalapeno slices.
- Bake 15 minutes. Rotate muffin tin and continue to bake until firm to the touch, and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool a few minutes. Unmold and serve warm.