Beef and Pork Meatloaf
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
Serves: 6 - 8 people
The addition of finely minced vegetables in this meatloaf recipe adds flavor and keeps it super moist and juicy. We’ve used oats instead of breadcrumbs as a binder to make this recipe gluten-free. If you prefer breadcrumbs, substitute the same amount for the oats.
1 pound Niman Ranch ground beef
1 pound Niman Ranch ground pork
1 medium onion
2 stalks of celery
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 cup whole oats
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Combine the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and sundried tomatoes in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely minced. Pour into a large mixing bowl and whisk in the eggs. Stir in the ketchup, mustard, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Add the ground meat and use a fork or your hands to mix all the ingredients together. Add the ground oats and mix in gently with your hands.
- Transfer the meatloaf mixture to the baking sheet and gently shape into a loaf about 10 inches long, 6 inches wide, and 2 inches tall.
- Bake until cooked through, about 45 minutes to an hour. Let stand a few minutes before slicing and serving.