Niman Ranch Bacon Tomato Cherry Pepper Jam
Prep: 25 Minutes
Cook: 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Serves: 4 Cups
Recipe by: Mark DeNittis
- 3 cups diced Niman Ranch Applewood smoked bacon
- 6 Pimiento (cherry peppers), sliced
- 4 white onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 14 whole cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- Place a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high until hot.
- Add the diced bacon to the pan, cook for 15 minutes stirring often to keep from burning.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook 30 minutes, stirring often, or until crisp.
- Add peppers, tomatoes, onions, and garlic to bacon; stir to incorporate.
- Increase heat to high and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low-medium heat.
- Add the vinegar and honey, stirring to incorporate.
- Simmer, allowing vegetables to release their moisture and cook down until jam-like consistency, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove from heat, spoon into containers and allow to cool.
- Serve at room temperature on baguette or as a part of a charcuterie platter.
*Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.